Maneka to BJP: Why not demanding Pawar, Patel resignations?
New Delhi: In a veiled attack on Leader of
Opposition in the Rajya Sabha Arun Jaitley, BJP MP Maneka
Gandhi on Tuesday asked the party why it was shying away from
demanding the resignations of Union ministers Sharad Pawar and
Praful Patel for their alleged involvement in the IPL scam.
Expressing her views at the BJP Parliamentary Party
meeting this morning, Maneka said Patel and his daughter had
flouted so many rules but still the party was not demanding
the minister`s resignation.
This approach, she maintained, was negating all the gains
BJP had made by successfully by demanding the resignation of
Union minister Shashi Tharoor over the IPL issue.
Gandhi said when Mumbai was burning, referring to the
26/11 attacks, it took eight hours to get a plane to take NSG
personnel to the spot while it took only one hour to charter
an Air India plane that was provided to ferry IPL players.
She was hinting towards reports that Poorna, daughter of
Praful Patel and a hospitality manager of IPL, had arranged
for a commercial flight to be converted into a chartered
Party sources said this was an attack on Jaitley as BJP`s
reluctance to seek the resignation of Pawar and Patel is at
his behest as he is close to them and is vice-president of
BCCI, of which Pawar was the former chief.
Incidentally, senior leader Yashwant Sinha also supported
Gandhi`s contention that the party should insist that Pawar
and Patel put in their papers.
Sinha also suggested that BJP should move a breach of
privilege motion against the Prime Minister for refusing
demands for a Joint Parliamentary Committee (JPC) probe
against IPL scam and phone tapping of politicians.
Deputy Leader of BJP in Rajya Sabha S S Ahluwalia tried
to reason that the party should not seek resignations of Pawar
and Patel as their was no clinching evidence against them.
However, this was objected to by several members, the
Responding to Gandhi`s suggestions, Leader of Opposition
in Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj said the party should pay heed to
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- PokéDates is here! Now, find love while catching Pokemon
- Quit TV as I couldn't do saas-bahu shows: Surveen Chawla
- Know who influences Shah Rukh Khan’s life – Details inside
- ED slaps case against BS Hooda and Associated Journal Ltd under PMLA
- Bhoot, pret, upari saya: MP minister clarifies on reasons behind farmers' suicide