Mani Shankar Aiyar compares MPs with animals; BJP fumes
New Delhi: Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) spokesperson Rajiv Pratap Rudy on Friday criticised Congress leader Mani Shankar Aiyar for comparing Opposition Members of Parliament with animals.
"Mani Shankar Aiyar has made a comment in television interview calling Members of Parliament as animals. Well we absolutely agree on one thing that Parliament should not be obstructed, but does this give right to Mr Aiyar to call Members of Parliament as animals," Rudy asked.
"Who is Mani Shankar Aiyar? Mani Shankar Aiyar is a Member of Parliament who has been nominated to Rajya Sabha and not even elected. He subsequently joins the Congress Party. I believe he has been a foreign diplomat. He served in the Indian Foreign Service for over 25 years," he said.
"I am just amused and shocked what he must have contributed in his 25 years as Indian Foreign officers, the language, which he uses, the behaviour which he exhibits especially in the back drop when the Congress party is all being charged with corruption, 2G scam, coalgate and commonwealth games etc.... I think it is shocking," he added.
In a television debate on Parliament deadlock over Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) in multi-brand retail, Aiyar said, "There is a decent and respectable way to express one`s point of view. This behaviour of the MPs reminds me of animals screaming in a well."
This came even as Parliament deadlock over FDI ended on Thursday after the government agreed for a vote on the issue both in the Lok Sabha and the Rajya Sabha.
Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar accepted the notice for a discussion on the issue under Rule 184, while Rajya Sabha chairman Dr Hamid Ansari agreed to a discussion under Rule 167.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31