Manish Tewari compares Narendra Modi with Adolf Hitler
Mumbai: Drawing a parallel between Narendra Modi and Adolf Hitler, Union Minister Manish Tewari on Saturday said the Gujarat Chief Minister`s idea to rebrand India via cinema reminds him Hitler using Berlin Olympics to rebrand Germany.
"There was a man, BJP`s projected Prime Ministerial candidate, who was in Mumbai a few days back. When he talked about using the Indian cinema or the film industry to brand India, I was struck by this thought that way back in 1936, another gentleman wanted to use Berlin Olympics for a similar branding.
"That mark of Swastika still haunts a lot of people around the World," Tewari said on the sidelines of a function here.
BJP leader Meenakshi Lekhi hit back at Tewari and said that "so far as the history of India is concerned, the only dictator this country has seen happens to be Indira Gandhi who is also part of the history of Congress party."
Modi had in a speech last month urged top advertising gurus, brand strategists and managers to take "Brand India" to the world. Modi had made the remarks as the guest-speaker at a function organised by International Advertising Association.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery