Manish Tewari compares Narendra Modi with Adolf Hitler
Mumbai: Drawing a parallel between Narendra Modi and Adolf Hitler, Union Minister Manish Tewari on Saturday said the Gujarat Chief Minister`s idea to rebrand India via cinema reminds him Hitler using Berlin Olympics to rebrand Germany.
"There was a man, BJP`s projected Prime Ministerial candidate, who was in Mumbai a few days back. When he talked about using the Indian cinema or the film industry to brand India, I was struck by this thought that way back in 1936, another gentleman wanted to use Berlin Olympics for a similar branding.
"That mark of Swastika still haunts a lot of people around the World," Tewari said on the sidelines of a function here.
BJP leader Meenakshi Lekhi hit back at Tewari and said that "so far as the history of India is concerned, the only dictator this country has seen happens to be Indira Gandhi who is also part of the history of Congress party."
Modi had in a speech last month urged top advertising gurus, brand strategists and managers to take "Brand India" to the world. Modi had made the remarks as the guest-speaker at a function organised by International Advertising Association.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’