Manish Tewari compares Narendra Modi with Adolf Hitler
Mumbai: Drawing a parallel between Narendra Modi and Adolf Hitler, Union Minister Manish Tewari on Saturday said the Gujarat Chief Minister`s idea to rebrand India via cinema reminds him Hitler using Berlin Olympics to rebrand Germany.
"There was a man, BJP`s projected Prime Ministerial candidate, who was in Mumbai a few days back. When he talked about using the Indian cinema or the film industry to brand India, I was struck by this thought that way back in 1936, another gentleman wanted to use Berlin Olympics for a similar branding.
"That mark of Swastika still haunts a lot of people around the World," Tewari said on the sidelines of a function here.
BJP leader Meenakshi Lekhi hit back at Tewari and said that "so far as the history of India is concerned, the only dictator this country has seen happens to be Indira Gandhi who is also part of the history of Congress party."
Modi had in a speech last month urged top advertising gurus, brand strategists and managers to take "Brand India" to the world. Modi had made the remarks as the guest-speaker at a function organised by International Advertising Association.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- No takers for Kingfisher Airlines brand at online auction
- Uttarakhand forest fire: PMO assures help for relief work
- AgustaWestland row: Aam Aadmi Party to gherao Sonia Gandhi, PM Narendra Modi's residence on May 7
- Poll contest in Kerala heading from 'bi-polar' to 'tri-polar': Arun Jaitley
- VVIP chopper scam: No deal inked with AgustaWestland, says Govt