Manish Tewari denies reports on PM resigning
New Delhi: Information and Broadcasting Minister Manish Tewari Tuesday denied reports of that Prime Minister Manmohan Singh would announce at a press conference scheduled for Friday that he was resigning.
Television channels, quoting sources, said the prime minister is likely to resign in the press conference, paving way for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi.
"This report is completely baseless, based on conjecture and insinuation. I don`t even think it should be dignified with a response," said Tewari responding to a question on Manmohan Singh`s resignation.
"Media keep cribbing, that he (prime minister) doesn`t talk to media, now that the prime minister has consented to talk to the press in the beginning of 2014, to even speculate in the manner in which it is being done, I think is in poor taste," he told a TV channel.
Asked when the Congress plans to announce the name of Rahul Gandhi as it`s prime ministerial candidate, Tewari said: "I can only refer you back to the statement of Congress president (Sonia Gandhi), an appropriate decision would be taken at an appropriate time."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India