Manish Tewari distributes Rs 60 lakh cheques for development
Ludhiana: Union Minister Manish Tewari today distributed cheques to the tune of Rs 60 lakhs for development works in different villages in Dakha from his MP Local Area Development (MPLAD) fund.
The Information and Broadcasting Minister, who is a Lok Sabha MP from Ludhiana, said his purpose was to distribute the money from his MPLAD fund across the constituency.
The cheques were distributed for constructing streets, health centres, `dharamshalas` (inns), cremation grounds and mobile water tankers in villages of Dewatwal, Bhanohar, Jangpur, Gorsian Makhan, Rauwal, Madarpura, Salempura, Ranguwal, Latala, Jodhan, Bassian Bet, Pamali, Jangpur, Morkrima, Dhollan, Khurshedpura, Sarabha, Ballowal and Chhapar, the minister`s spokesman said.
Tewari was accompanied by former MLA and Congress area in-charge of Dakha Jassi Khangura, DCC president Pawan Dewan and other leaders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part IV
- PM Modi addresses the nation in 20th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat'
- PM Modi addresses the nation in 20th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat' Part II
- Photo alert! Latest pic of Twinkle Khanna with daughter Nitara will surely make you go aww
- Will drag Preeti Menon to court: Maharastra minister Eknath Khadse on 'links' with Dawood
- Handsomeness! Randeep Hooda and Dino Morea party looking debonair-- See pics
- PM Modi calls for protection of environment on 'Mann Ki Baat'
- At least 13 dead in Vietnam bus smash