Manish Tewari distributes Rs 60 lakh cheques for development
Ludhiana: Union Minister Manish Tewari today distributed cheques to the tune of Rs 60 lakhs for development works in different villages in Dakha from his MP Local Area Development (MPLAD) fund.
The Information and Broadcasting Minister, who is a Lok Sabha MP from Ludhiana, said his purpose was to distribute the money from his MPLAD fund across the constituency.
The cheques were distributed for constructing streets, health centres, `dharamshalas` (inns), cremation grounds and mobile water tankers in villages of Dewatwal, Bhanohar, Jangpur, Gorsian Makhan, Rauwal, Madarpura, Salempura, Ranguwal, Latala, Jodhan, Bassian Bet, Pamali, Jangpur, Morkrima, Dhollan, Khurshedpura, Sarabha, Ballowal and Chhapar, the minister`s spokesman said.
Tewari was accompanied by former MLA and Congress area in-charge of Dakha Jassi Khangura, DCC president Pawan Dewan and other leaders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past