Manish Tewari distributes Rs 60 lakh cheques for development
Ludhiana: Union Minister Manish Tewari today distributed cheques to the tune of Rs 60 lakhs for development works in different villages in Dakha from his MP Local Area Development (MPLAD) fund.
The Information and Broadcasting Minister, who is a Lok Sabha MP from Ludhiana, said his purpose was to distribute the money from his MPLAD fund across the constituency.
The cheques were distributed for constructing streets, health centres, `dharamshalas` (inns), cremation grounds and mobile water tankers in villages of Dewatwal, Bhanohar, Jangpur, Gorsian Makhan, Rauwal, Madarpura, Salempura, Ranguwal, Latala, Jodhan, Bassian Bet, Pamali, Jangpur, Morkrima, Dhollan, Khurshedpura, Sarabha, Ballowal and Chhapar, the minister`s spokesman said.
Tewari was accompanied by former MLA and Congress area in-charge of Dakha Jassi Khangura, DCC president Pawan Dewan and other leaders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Beware! Fake currency notes floating in market this Diwali
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon