Manish Tewari distributes Rs 60 lakh cheques for development
Ludhiana: Union Minister Manish Tewari today distributed cheques to the tune of Rs 60 lakhs for development works in different villages in Dakha from his MP Local Area Development (MPLAD) fund.
The Information and Broadcasting Minister, who is a Lok Sabha MP from Ludhiana, said his purpose was to distribute the money from his MPLAD fund across the constituency.
The cheques were distributed for constructing streets, health centres, `dharamshalas` (inns), cremation grounds and mobile water tankers in villages of Dewatwal, Bhanohar, Jangpur, Gorsian Makhan, Rauwal, Madarpura, Salempura, Ranguwal, Latala, Jodhan, Bassian Bet, Pamali, Jangpur, Morkrima, Dhollan, Khurshedpura, Sarabha, Ballowal and Chhapar, the minister`s spokesman said.
Tewari was accompanied by former MLA and Congress area in-charge of Dakha Jassi Khangura, DCC president Pawan Dewan and other leaders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble