Manish Tewari hits out at NDA
New Delhi: Information and Broadcasting Minister Manish Tewari on Saturday hit out at NDA saying those who had lived in an imaginative realm in 2004 and 2009 could continue to do so till 2014.
"Many people lived in an imaginative world in 2004, then stretched it till 2009 and if they want to live in the same realm in 2014, it is their decision. As far as Congress and UPA are concerned, we will go to the people based on our policies, issues and ideology when the elections are held in 2014," he said.
He was asked by reporters for a reaction to reports that JD (U) would give its ally BJP more time to declare a Prime ministerial candidate.
Asked to respond to NCP leader Sharad Pawar statement that the Centre`s ruling coalition had become "vulnerable" after DMK`s pullout, Tewari said the government was stable.
"Let me assure you that the United Progressive Alliance continues to be stable, it continues to be cohesive and it continues to focus on its core objectives which is consolidating the Indian economy over the next one year," Tewari said.
"I have not seen or heard the statement of the Agriculture Minister. It`s not our convention to react to off- the-cuff or shoot-from-the-hip without first talking to our allies," Tewari added.
The I&B minister refrained from commenting on questions on reports related to the charge of interference in the preparation of CBI report in the coal blocs allocation scam for the Supreme Court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!