Manish Tewari hits out at NDA
New Delhi: Information and Broadcasting Minister Manish Tewari on Saturday hit out at NDA saying those who had lived in an imaginative realm in 2004 and 2009 could continue to do so till 2014.
"Many people lived in an imaginative world in 2004, then stretched it till 2009 and if they want to live in the same realm in 2014, it is their decision. As far as Congress and UPA are concerned, we will go to the people based on our policies, issues and ideology when the elections are held in 2014," he said.
He was asked by reporters for a reaction to reports that JD (U) would give its ally BJP more time to declare a Prime ministerial candidate.
Asked to respond to NCP leader Sharad Pawar statement that the Centre`s ruling coalition had become "vulnerable" after DMK`s pullout, Tewari said the government was stable.
"Let me assure you that the United Progressive Alliance continues to be stable, it continues to be cohesive and it continues to focus on its core objectives which is consolidating the Indian economy over the next one year," Tewari said.
"I have not seen or heard the statement of the Agriculture Minister. It`s not our convention to react to off- the-cuff or shoot-from-the-hip without first talking to our allies," Tewari added.
The I&B minister refrained from commenting on questions on reports related to the charge of interference in the preparation of CBI report in the coal blocs allocation scam for the Supreme Court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof