Manish Tewari refuses to comment on Azam Khan`s accusation
Bangalore: Union Minister Manish Tewari on Sunday refused to comment on UP Minister Azam Khan`s charge that External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid had hatched a "conspiracy" to defame him outside India.
"Azam Khan has given such statements many times. By commenting on his statement, I don`t want to glorify him," Tewari told reporters here.
He was responding to a question on accusation of Khan, who had been briefly detained on Wednesday at a US airport.
The UP minister alleged, "How can you expect the GoI to protest when Khurshid is holding the Foreign Ministry portfolio? If you do not know who Khurshid is, then I am very sorry... He tried to defame me in my state and failed miserably. He is unfit to be Indian Foreign Minister."
Khan also claimed that a call on continuation of Samajwadi Party`s support to the UPA government will be taken by party leader Mulayam Singh Yadav after hearing his version and that of Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on their return to India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal