Manish Tewari takes a dig at Narendra Modi over gurudwara statement
New Delhi: Information and Broadcasting Minister Manish Tewari on Sunday took a dig at Narendra Modi`s for claiming to have rebuilt a Gurudwara in Kutch district of Gujarat saying he had expelled Sikhs from the same place and later blamed it on officials.
"Gujarat CM talks about rebuilding Gurudwara in Kutch but expels followers of the Gurudwara from Kutch and blames it on officers and Akalis fete him," Tewari said in a tweet.
The Minister`s tweet came after Modi in a rally in Punjab said a historical Gurudwara in Kutch district had been damaged in in earthquake in 2001 but it was restored to its glory later by the state government.
The Gurudwara in Kot Lakhpat area of Kutch district has special relevance for Sikhs as Guru Nanak Dev is believed to have visited the place while going on a pilgrimage and his footwear are preserved there.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India