Manish Tewari takes a dig at Narendra Modi over gurudwara statement
New Delhi: Information and Broadcasting Minister Manish Tewari on Sunday took a dig at Narendra Modi`s for claiming to have rebuilt a Gurudwara in Kutch district of Gujarat saying he had expelled Sikhs from the same place and later blamed it on officials.
"Gujarat CM talks about rebuilding Gurudwara in Kutch but expels followers of the Gurudwara from Kutch and blames it on officers and Akalis fete him," Tewari said in a tweet.
The Minister`s tweet came after Modi in a rally in Punjab said a historical Gurudwara in Kutch district had been damaged in in earthquake in 2001 but it was restored to its glory later by the state government.
The Gurudwara in Kot Lakhpat area of Kutch district has special relevance for Sikhs as Guru Nanak Dev is believed to have visited the place while going on a pilgrimage and his footwear are preserved there.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster