Manish Tewari takes a dig at Narendra Modi over gurudwara statement
New Delhi: Information and Broadcasting Minister Manish Tewari on Sunday took a dig at Narendra Modi`s for claiming to have rebuilt a Gurudwara in Kutch district of Gujarat saying he had expelled Sikhs from the same place and later blamed it on officials.
"Gujarat CM talks about rebuilding Gurudwara in Kutch but expels followers of the Gurudwara from Kutch and blames it on officers and Akalis fete him," Tewari said in a tweet.
The Minister`s tweet came after Modi in a rally in Punjab said a historical Gurudwara in Kutch district had been damaged in in earthquake in 2001 but it was restored to its glory later by the state government.
The Gurudwara in Kot Lakhpat area of Kutch district has special relevance for Sikhs as Guru Nanak Dev is believed to have visited the place while going on a pilgrimage and his footwear are preserved there.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey