Manish Tewari takes a dig at Narendra Modi over gurudwara statement
New Delhi: Information and Broadcasting Minister Manish Tewari on Sunday took a dig at Narendra Modi`s for claiming to have rebuilt a Gurudwara in Kutch district of Gujarat saying he had expelled Sikhs from the same place and later blamed it on officials.
"Gujarat CM talks about rebuilding Gurudwara in Kutch but expels followers of the Gurudwara from Kutch and blames it on officers and Akalis fete him," Tewari said in a tweet.
The Minister`s tweet came after Modi in a rally in Punjab said a historical Gurudwara in Kutch district had been damaged in in earthquake in 2001 but it was restored to its glory later by the state government.
The Gurudwara in Kot Lakhpat area of Kutch district has special relevance for Sikhs as Guru Nanak Dev is believed to have visited the place while going on a pilgrimage and his footwear are preserved there.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- RAW footage Caution: Speeding train runs over man as he lay on rail track – WATCH
- Ravichandran Ashwin, Shikhar Dhawan, Bhuvneshwar Kumar visit three-time NBA champions Miami Heat
- Tripura CM Manik Sarkar appeals to people to maintain peace, harmony
- SC rejects review petition of Telangana for division of assets
- VIDEO! Lionel Messi wins UEFA 'Goal of the Season' award for scoring this beauty