Manish Tewari takes a dig at Narendra Modi over gurudwara statement
New Delhi: Information and Broadcasting Minister Manish Tewari on Sunday took a dig at Narendra Modi`s for claiming to have rebuilt a Gurudwara in Kutch district of Gujarat saying he had expelled Sikhs from the same place and later blamed it on officials.
"Gujarat CM talks about rebuilding Gurudwara in Kutch but expels followers of the Gurudwara from Kutch and blames it on officers and Akalis fete him," Tewari said in a tweet.
The Minister`s tweet came after Modi in a rally in Punjab said a historical Gurudwara in Kutch district had been damaged in in earthquake in 2001 but it was restored to its glory later by the state government.
The Gurudwara in Kot Lakhpat area of Kutch district has special relevance for Sikhs as Guru Nanak Dev is believed to have visited the place while going on a pilgrimage and his footwear are preserved there.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today