Manish Tiwari hits back at BJP, says Congress wants to eliminate poverty
Zee Media Bureau/Manisha Singh
New Delhi: I&B Minister Manish Tiwari said on Sunday that the Congress party wanted to eliminate poverty. He was reacting to the comments made by senior leaders of Bharatiya Janata Party that the grand old party was marketing poverty.
The Congress leader tweeted today – "BJP says Congress marketing poverty. Reality – Congress wants to eliminate poverty."
He also said that the BJP was not good at anything apart from marketing hatred.
BJP president Rajnath Singh said today in Sonepat, while addressing a rally, that the Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi was marketing poverty. He said that Rahul talked about Kalavati one day and then slept in a Dalit home the next day, all for a photo-opportunity.
Rajnath also said that the bane of Congress rule was inflation and corruption and the people were fed up with the policies which created differences amongst the people.
Gujarat Chief Minister and BJP`s prime ministerial candidate for 2014 General Elections, Narendra Modi, had also taken a dig at Rahul while addressing a massive rally in Kanpur yesterday. He had said that the `shahzaada` (prince) of Congress (Rahul Gandhi) moved around in slums and a poor man`s home accompanied by camera crews and referred to poverty as a state of mind. "One who was born with a golden spoon cannot understand what the pain of being poor was," Modi had said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?