Manmohan has been unable to deliver on economic front: Yechury
Nashik: Senior CPM leader Sitaram Yechury has accused Prime Minister Manmohan Singh of having failed to rein in sharp slowdown in the economy and alleged that multiple scams during the UPA`s rule have worsened the situation.
"The Prime Minister himself is an economic expert but there is no economic progress in the country. During his long tenure, the gap between poor and rich widened," Yechury said here last night in Pawan Nagar locality, while addressing a public meeting organised by the Left front.
"Following various scams, economic conditions have worsened...Its unfortunate that we are facing such conditions," he said.
Yechury claimed people want a "good" government at the Centre and "not led by leaders like Rahul Gandhi and Narendra Modi, who indulge in politics keeping an eye on elections".
Former CPM MP Nilotpal Basu, MLA Narsayyaa Adam, CITU leader D L Karad and other leaders attended the meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- US economic growth estimate for 2nd quarter cut to 1.1%
- Forex reserve at record high of $367.169 billion
- 1st T20I, India vs West Indies: After Virat Kohli's success in Tests, pressure on MS Dhoni to save limited overs' captaincy
- Mehbooba in Delhi, to meet PM Modi on Saturday
- More than 8 lakh people affected by flood in UP