Manmohan has been unable to deliver on economic front: Yechury
Nashik: Senior CPM leader Sitaram Yechury has accused Prime Minister Manmohan Singh of having failed to rein in sharp slowdown in the economy and alleged that multiple scams during the UPA`s rule have worsened the situation.
"The Prime Minister himself is an economic expert but there is no economic progress in the country. During his long tenure, the gap between poor and rich widened," Yechury said here last night in Pawan Nagar locality, while addressing a public meeting organised by the Left front.
"Following various scams, economic conditions have worsened...Its unfortunate that we are facing such conditions," he said.
Yechury claimed people want a "good" government at the Centre and "not led by leaders like Rahul Gandhi and Narendra Modi, who indulge in politics keeping an eye on elections".
Former CPM MP Nilotpal Basu, MLA Narsayyaa Adam, CITU leader D L Karad and other leaders attended the meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened