Manmohan has been unable to deliver on economic front: Yechury
Nashik: Senior CPM leader Sitaram Yechury has accused Prime Minister Manmohan Singh of having failed to rein in sharp slowdown in the economy and alleged that multiple scams during the UPA`s rule have worsened the situation.
"The Prime Minister himself is an economic expert but there is no economic progress in the country. During his long tenure, the gap between poor and rich widened," Yechury said here last night in Pawan Nagar locality, while addressing a public meeting organised by the Left front.
"Following various scams, economic conditions have worsened...Its unfortunate that we are facing such conditions," he said.
Yechury claimed people want a "good" government at the Centre and "not led by leaders like Rahul Gandhi and Narendra Modi, who indulge in politics keeping an eye on elections".
Former CPM MP Nilotpal Basu, MLA Narsayyaa Adam, CITU leader D L Karad and other leaders attended the meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire