Manmohan has been unable to deliver on economic front: Yechury
Nashik: Senior CPM leader Sitaram Yechury has accused Prime Minister Manmohan Singh of having failed to rein in sharp slowdown in the economy and alleged that multiple scams during the UPA`s rule have worsened the situation.
"The Prime Minister himself is an economic expert but there is no economic progress in the country. During his long tenure, the gap between poor and rich widened," Yechury said here last night in Pawan Nagar locality, while addressing a public meeting organised by the Left front.
"Following various scams, economic conditions have worsened...Its unfortunate that we are facing such conditions," he said.
Yechury claimed people want a "good" government at the Centre and "not led by leaders like Rahul Gandhi and Narendra Modi, who indulge in politics keeping an eye on elections".
Former CPM MP Nilotpal Basu, MLA Narsayyaa Adam, CITU leader D L Karad and other leaders attended the meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gorilla shot dead after child falls into enclosure at Cincinnati Zoo!
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature?
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part II
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part III
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part IV
- Janice Dickinson looks extremely thin amid health crisis
- There is a limit to everything, says Kiku Sharda on Tanmay Bhat's controversial video – Details inside
- Talgo trains in India: Know more about train that is high on technology, comfort
- Kerala's Nirbhaya: HC rules out CBI probe in Perumbavoor rape-murder case
- Saudi Arabia denounces Iran over decision to not send Hajj pilgrims this year