Manmohan leaves Durban after BRICS Summit
Durban: Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Thursday flew out of Durban after attending the two-day BRICS summit, where he also interacted with Chinese President Xi Jinping.
The leaders of BRICS countries -- Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa -- gathered here for the summit whose theme was "BRICS and Africa: Partnership for Development, Integration and Industrialisation".
Manmohan Singh had two significant meetings with Xi -- one on the margins of the BRICS Summit on Wednesday and the other a more structured two-way engagement hours later.
Xi told Singh China`s leadership will continue to pursue the positive groundwork laid down by its predecessors to improve ties between the two Asian neighbours, notwithstanding the long-pending border dispute.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai