Manmohan leaves Durban after BRICS Summit
Durban: Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Thursday flew out of Durban after attending the two-day BRICS summit, where he also interacted with Chinese President Xi Jinping.
The leaders of BRICS countries -- Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa -- gathered here for the summit whose theme was "BRICS and Africa: Partnership for Development, Integration and Industrialisation".
Manmohan Singh had two significant meetings with Xi -- one on the margins of the BRICS Summit on Wednesday and the other a more structured two-way engagement hours later.
Xi told Singh China`s leadership will continue to pursue the positive groundwork laid down by its predecessors to improve ties between the two Asian neighbours, notwithstanding the long-pending border dispute.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa