Manmohan leaves Durban after BRICS Summit
Durban: Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Thursday flew out of Durban after attending the two-day BRICS summit, where he also interacted with Chinese President Xi Jinping.
The leaders of BRICS countries -- Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa -- gathered here for the summit whose theme was "BRICS and Africa: Partnership for Development, Integration and Industrialisation".
Manmohan Singh had two significant meetings with Xi -- one on the margins of the BRICS Summit on Wednesday and the other a more structured two-way engagement hours later.
Xi told Singh China`s leadership will continue to pursue the positive groundwork laid down by its predecessors to improve ties between the two Asian neighbours, notwithstanding the long-pending border dispute.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire