Manmohan Singh condemns Peshawar suicide attacks
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh Sunday condemned in the strongest terms the suicide attacks in Peshawar in Pakistan in which 60 people were killed, terming it as "yet another deeply disturbing manifestation of the evil forces of terror".
In a statement, Manmohan Singh, while condoling the deaths, said "such barbaric acts are against the tenets of every religion".
The statement read: "The horrific suicide attacks at a church in Peshawar today is yet another deeply disturbing manifestation of the evil forces of terror. That the attack took place at a place of worship and claimed the lives of dozens of innocent worshipers makes this senseless act of violence even more tragic. Such barbaric acts are against the tenets of every religion. India condemns the terrorist attack in Peshawar in the strongest terms. We convey our deepest condolences to the families of the victims and wish speedy recovery to the injured."
At least 60 people died and more than 120 were injured after two suicide bombers Sunday morning blew themselves up near a church in Pakistan`s Peshawar city when worshippers gathered for prayers, officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez