Manmohan Singh condoles Margaret Thatcher`s death
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Monday expressed "deepest sadness" over the demise of former British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher, describing her as a "transformative figure" under whom the UK registered important progress in national and international arenas.
"People of India join me in sending our sincerest condolences to the Thatcher family, the government and people of the United Kingdom," he said in his condolence message.
Singh said Thatcher was "a transformative figure under whom the United Kingdom registered important progress" in the national and international arenas.
Thatcher, Britain`s first woman Prime Minister, also known as the `Iron Lady`, passed away today following a stroke at the age of 87.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video