Manmohan Singh congratulates Nepal`s new PM
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Monday hailed Sushil Koirala`s election as Prime Minister of Nepal as an "important milestone" and conveyed India`s keenness to further strengthen ties between the two countries.
Singh invited the new Nepal Prime Minister to visit India.
He hoped that Koirala`s election will lead to promulgation of new Constitution of Nepal while ushering stability and economic development of that country.
"Your election represents one more important milestone in consolidating and institutionalising recent democratic gains in the course of the political transition in Nepal," Singh said in his congratulatory message to Koirala.
"I am confident that your wise leadership and guidance will further strengthen stability and economic development in Nepal, and foster a climate for promulgation of a new Constitution on the basis of the widest possible consensus and reflecting the will of all sections of the people of your nation," the Prime Minister said.
Singh told his Nepalese counterpart that India attaches the highest importance to its relations with Nepal.
"As close neighbours with a unique relationship and deep links across all walks of life, our fortunes are closely intertwined. We in India, therefore, not only share the aspirations of the people of Nepal for stability, democracy and prosperity, but also remain steadfast in our support to the Government and people of Nepal in their endeavours to pursue that goal," he said.
Singh`s message added, "We will, therefore, continue to seek further deepening of this partnership between our two countries for the benefit of our people and our region."
Conveying his best wishes, Singh said, "I also take this opportunity to extend a warm and cordial invitation to you to visit India at your convenience."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference