Manmohan Singh defends his actions as PM
New Delhi: Defending his actions, Prime
Minister Manmohan Singh on Wednesday said if seven out of ten
decisions taken by him turned out to be right, it would be
considered a job well done by corporate standards.
"I think you have to take a decision at that time. Of
all the decisions that I take if seven out of ten turn out to
be correct, the share-holders of a normal corporation will say
a job well done," Singh said in reply to a question on whether
he regretted not going for auction in the 2G spectrum
The Prime Minister was speaking at an interaction
with editors here.
Further defending his decisions in the recent past, he
said we are living in a world of uncertainty where there is a
gap between our expectations and the reality that emerges
Later, reacting to the Prime Minister`s remarks, BJP
President Nitin Gadkari said Singh had fared badly as PM and
if the passing marks in an examination are 33 per cent, he
deserved less than that.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users