Manmohan Singh has no moral right to continue as PM: Joshi
Chennai: Senior BJP leader Murali Manohar Joshi on Sunday said Prime Minister Manmohan Singh has no "moral right" to continue in power in the wake of resignations of two Union ministers on charges of impropriety and said Congress would "lose heavily" in the Delhi Assembly polls in October this year.
"The general opinion is that Manmohan Singh has no moral to continue as Prime Minister," he told reporters at the airport here.
Reacting to the reported lathicharge on BJP`s Youth Wing in Delhi, who were protesting against the government, he said, "whenever there is a peaceful demonstration, there should not be any coercion. In a democracy, everyone has the right to protest."
"They were protesting against the scams in Railways and Law Ministries. Congress will lose heavily in Delhi," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state