Manmohan Singh has no moral right to continue as PM: Joshi
Chennai: Senior BJP leader Murali Manohar Joshi on Sunday said Prime Minister Manmohan Singh has no "moral right" to continue in power in the wake of resignations of two Union ministers on charges of impropriety and said Congress would "lose heavily" in the Delhi Assembly polls in October this year.
"The general opinion is that Manmohan Singh has no moral to continue as Prime Minister," he told reporters at the airport here.
Reacting to the reported lathicharge on BJP`s Youth Wing in Delhi, who were protesting against the government, he said, "whenever there is a peaceful demonstration, there should not be any coercion. In a democracy, everyone has the right to protest."
"They were protesting against the scams in Railways and Law Ministries. Congress will lose heavily in Delhi," he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case