Manmohan Singh has no moral right to continue as PM: Joshi
Chennai: Senior BJP leader Murali Manohar Joshi on Sunday said Prime Minister Manmohan Singh has no "moral right" to continue in power in the wake of resignations of two Union ministers on charges of impropriety and said Congress would "lose heavily" in the Delhi Assembly polls in October this year.
"The general opinion is that Manmohan Singh has no moral to continue as Prime Minister," he told reporters at the airport here.
Reacting to the reported lathicharge on BJP`s Youth Wing in Delhi, who were protesting against the government, he said, "whenever there is a peaceful demonstration, there should not be any coercion. In a democracy, everyone has the right to protest."
"They were protesting against the scams in Railways and Law Ministries. Congress will lose heavily in Delhi," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened