Manmohan Singh invites Li Keqiang to visit India
Beijing: Appreciating the warmth and hospitality extended to him by the government here, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Wednesday invited his Chinese counterpart Li Keqiang to visit India.
Singh expressed his appreciation for the warmth of his reception and the hospitality extended by the Chinese government, said a joint statement issued after his talks with the Chinese leaders.
Singh invited Premier Li to visit India at a time of mutual convenience, the joint statement said.
"I am delighted to be in Beijing once again at the invitation of Premier Li. I am touched by the warm welcome and the generous hospitality of the government and the people of China.
"I recalled to Premier Li how much India appreciated his decision to make India his first overseas destination after taking over as Premier," Singh told reporters after his meeting with Li earlier in the day.
The exchange of visits by the prime ministers within the same calendar year was the first since 1954.
Li had visited India in May.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog