Manmohan Singh is the main election agent of Narendra Modi: Arun Shourie
New Delhi: Former Union minister and BJP leader Arun Shourie has called Prime Minister Manmohan Singh as the "main election agent" of Narendra Modi as "non performance" of the UPA government has been helping the Gujarat Chief Minister.
Speaking to a television channel , he also said move to get the Food Security Bill would ruin the country`s economy as it has terrible consequences.
"Manmohan Singh is the main election agent of Narendra Modi today. Since he (the Prime Minister) is not doing anything, people are saying that Modi lao... Modi lao (bring Modi, bring Modi)," he said.
Asked to comment about some people`s perception that Modi is a divisive figure and he would rupture India`s communal harmony, Shourie said there was communal harmony and "the question is at the moment what the country wants is not divisive but decisive leadership and he has certainly demonstrated that".
On whether Modi would unite the BJP behind him or fracture the top leadership like Sushma Swaraj or L K Advani, Shourie said he would not speak about "stateless" leaders in Delhi as there are state leaders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Deepika Padukone in Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’? Kabir Khan has an answer
- Donald Trump the `presumptive` White House nominee as Cruz crashes out
- Karan Singh Grover’s words for Bipasha Basu will restore your faith in love – Check them out
- Champions League: After knocking out Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid ready to write history
- Premier League triumph: Leicester City's 'magic' hailed globally as the party goes on