Manmohan Singh is the main election agent of Narendra Modi: Arun Shourie
New Delhi: Former Union minister and BJP leader Arun Shourie has called Prime Minister Manmohan Singh as the "main election agent" of Narendra Modi as "non performance" of the UPA government has been helping the Gujarat Chief Minister.
Speaking to a television channel , he also said move to get the Food Security Bill would ruin the country`s economy as it has terrible consequences.
"Manmohan Singh is the main election agent of Narendra Modi today. Since he (the Prime Minister) is not doing anything, people are saying that Modi lao... Modi lao (bring Modi, bring Modi)," he said.
Asked to comment about some people`s perception that Modi is a divisive figure and he would rupture India`s communal harmony, Shourie said there was communal harmony and "the question is at the moment what the country wants is not divisive but decisive leadership and he has certainly demonstrated that".
On whether Modi would unite the BJP behind him or fracture the top leadership like Sushma Swaraj or L K Advani, Shourie said he would not speak about "stateless" leaders in Delhi as there are state leaders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!