Manmohan Singh is the main election agent of Narendra Modi: Arun Shourie
New Delhi: Former Union minister and BJP leader Arun Shourie has called Prime Minister Manmohan Singh as the "main election agent" of Narendra Modi as "non performance" of the UPA government has been helping the Gujarat Chief Minister.
Speaking to a television channel , he also said move to get the Food Security Bill would ruin the country`s economy as it has terrible consequences.
"Manmohan Singh is the main election agent of Narendra Modi today. Since he (the Prime Minister) is not doing anything, people are saying that Modi lao... Modi lao (bring Modi, bring Modi)," he said.
Asked to comment about some people`s perception that Modi is a divisive figure and he would rupture India`s communal harmony, Shourie said there was communal harmony and "the question is at the moment what the country wants is not divisive but decisive leadership and he has certainly demonstrated that".
On whether Modi would unite the BJP behind him or fracture the top leadership like Sushma Swaraj or L K Advani, Shourie said he would not speak about "stateless" leaders in Delhi as there are state leaders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa