Manmohan Singh meets Pakistan`s Sartaj Aziz
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Amidst tensions brewing between New Delhi and Islamabad, Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif`s advisor on foreign affairs and national security Sartaj Aziz on Wednesday met Prime Minister Manmohan Singh at 7 Race Course Road.
During the meeting which began at 10.30 am and lasted for half an hour, the two are understood to have talked about bilateral relations.
Officials described it as a courtesy call by Aziz on the Prime Minister.
On Tuesday, Aziz met External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid and National Security Advisor Shivshankar Menon.
Aziz, here to attend the Asia-Europe Meeting (ASEM), held a half-hour-long bilateral meeting with Khurshid at the Oberoi and then met Menon at South Block.
During the meeting, Khurshid raised the issue of Aziz meeting Hurriyat leaders, including Jammu and Kashmir Liberation Front chief Yasin Malik, and leaders of both moderate and hardline Hurriyat factions - Mirwaiz Umar Farooq and Syed Ali Shah Geelani. The three had been invited by the Pakistan High Commission to meet Aziz on Sunday.
Aziz is understood to have told the separatists that Pakistan would continue to provide moral, diplomatic and political support to the Kashimiris and asked the Hurriyat leaders to help bring the Kashmir issue back to the negotiating table.
Khurshid and Aziz also discussed the trial in the 26/11 Mumbai attacks case. India has provided to the Pakistan judicial commission all the evidence that was required of the involvement of Pakistani elements in the carnage, including transcripts.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal