Manmohan Singh, Narendra Modi to share dais at Ahmedabad event
Ahmedabad: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi, will share the stage at the function to inaugurate a museum dedicated to Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel`s life here on October 29.
Two days later, on October 31, Modi would be laying the foundation stone of a gigantic statue of the first Home Minister of the country near Sardar Sarovar Dam.
The museum has been built by the Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Memorial Society.
Union Minister Dinsha Patel, who is the chairman of the society had met Modi and invited him to the function.
The invitation card of the function says that the PM will be the chief guest and the Gujarat Chief Minister the special guest.
The BJP, and especially Modi have often accused Congress of ignoring Patel`s legacy and promoting Nehru-Gandhi dynasty.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III
- Kashmir unrest: 7-member committee to explore alternatives to pellet guns
- Govt must protect central bank's independence: Raghuram Rajan
- CAG picks holes in coal mines auction by NDA govt
- TCS, Infosys in Forbes 'Super 50' list; Tata Motors, HUL dropped
- Satpal Singh fumes at his name being dragged in doping controversy surrounding Narsingh Yadav