Manmohan Singh, Narendra Modi to share dais at Ahmedabad event
Ahmedabad: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi, will share the stage at the function to inaugurate a museum dedicated to Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel`s life here on October 29.
Two days later, on October 31, Modi would be laying the foundation stone of a gigantic statue of the first Home Minister of the country near Sardar Sarovar Dam.
The museum has been built by the Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Memorial Society.
Union Minister Dinsha Patel, who is the chairman of the society had met Modi and invited him to the function.
The invitation card of the function says that the PM will be the chief guest and the Gujarat Chief Minister the special guest.
The BJP, and especially Modi have often accused Congress of ignoring Patel`s legacy and promoting Nehru-Gandhi dynasty.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II