Manmohan Singh, Nawaz Sharif meeting ‘a work in progress’: India
United Nations: India on Monday said a possible meeting between the Prime Ministers of India and Pakistan on the margins of UN General Assembly was still "a work in progress".
"Any meeting between the Prime Ministers of India and Pakistan is still a work in progress," Indian Ambassador to the UN Asoke Mukerji said.
"We are waiting for clarity on whether or where this meeting will take place," he said.
Pakistani media reports have said Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif is expected to meet his Indian counterpart Manmohan Singh on September 29 in the New York hotel where Singh will stay during his US visit.
Both Singh and Sharif are travelling to the New York to attend the 68th session of the UN General Assembly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened