Manmohan Singh, Nawaz Sharif meeting ‘a work in progress’: India
United Nations: India on Monday said a possible meeting between the Prime Ministers of India and Pakistan on the margins of UN General Assembly was still "a work in progress".
"Any meeting between the Prime Ministers of India and Pakistan is still a work in progress," Indian Ambassador to the UN Asoke Mukerji said.
"We are waiting for clarity on whether or where this meeting will take place," he said.
Pakistani media reports have said Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif is expected to meet his Indian counterpart Manmohan Singh on September 29 in the New York hotel where Singh will stay during his US visit.
Both Singh and Sharif are travelling to the New York to attend the 68th session of the UN General Assembly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- MCA lifts ban on Shah Rukh Khan from visting Wankhede staduim
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr