Manmohan Singh offers India`s assistance to Japan
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Friday offered India`s readiness to help Japan hit by a devastating earthquake and tsunami, saying "our resources are
at your disposal".
"India stands in full solidarity with the government
and people of Japan at this hour," he said in a letter to his
Japanese counterpart Naoto Kan.
Singh said "we are ready to help Japan in any way
required and our resources are at your disposal".
The Prime Minister said he was shocked to learn about the
devastating quake that has hit the coast of Japan causing huge
damage to life and property.
He expressed his heartfelt condolences to the people who
have suffered or lost their near and dear ones in the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III
- Hungarian Grand Prix: Record fifth win sends Lewis Hamilton top
- Olympian predicts record medal haul from Indian shooters at 2016 Rio Games
- Watch video: NASA's SDO captures solar material bursting from the sun!
- Salaries to go up 10.7%, star performers to gain handsomely: Study
- Nico Hulkenberg brings one point for Force India from Hungry