Manmohan Singh to address UN General Assembly on Sept 28
New York: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh would address the United Nations General Assembly on September 28, according to the latest provisional list of speakers released by the UN.
As per the previous provisional list, the Prime Minister was scheduled to speak a day earlier on September 27.
The changes are believed to have been made to accommodate Singh`s schedule to meet US President Barack Obama.
The two leaders are expected to hold meetings at the White House followed by a working lunch on September 27.
After his meeting with Obama, Singh is likely to leave Washington for New York the same evening.
Pakistan`s new Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif would address the UN General Assembly on September 27. This would be his first address to the world body in his second term.
In fact, Sharif would be addressing the General Assembly at a time when Obama would hold meetings with Singh.
Obama would address the UN General Assembly on the first day of the start of the general debate. He would be the second speaker after speech by the Brazilian President.
Sri Lankan President Mahinda Rajapaksha is scheduled to address the assembly in the same session as that of Obama.
Newly-elected Iranian President Hassan Rouhani has been scheduled to address the Assembly on the very first day but in the afternoon session, along with the Bangladeshi Prime Minister and 16 other heads of State.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof