Manmohan Singh to take as RS member on June 17
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, who was recently elected a member of the Rajya Sabha from Assam for the fifth consecutive term, will take oath on June 17.
Singh, who is the Leader of the Upper House, will take oath in the morning in the chamber of Rajya Sabha Chairman Hamid Ansari.
Another Congress member from Assam Santius Kujur will also take oath on that day.
The election to the two Rajya Sabha seats from Assam had taken place on May 30 and Congress had won both the seats.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter