Manmohan Singh to take as RS member on June 17
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, who was recently elected a member of the Rajya Sabha from Assam for the fifth consecutive term, will take oath on June 17.
Singh, who is the Leader of the Upper House, will take oath in the morning in the chamber of Rajya Sabha Chairman Hamid Ansari.
Another Congress member from Assam Santius Kujur will also take oath on that day.
The election to the two Rajya Sabha seats from Assam had taken place on May 30 and Congress had won both the seats.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre