Manmohan Singh to take as RS member on June 17
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, who was recently elected a member of the Rajya Sabha from Assam for the fifth consecutive term, will take oath on June 17.
Singh, who is the Leader of the Upper House, will take oath in the morning in the chamber of Rajya Sabha Chairman Hamid Ansari.
Another Congress member from Assam Santius Kujur will also take oath on that day.
The election to the two Rajya Sabha seats from Assam had taken place on May 30 and Congress had won both the seats.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- B-schools not doing enough to bridge skills gap: Survey
- BMW recalls 120,000 cars over Takata air bags
- Nine-time champion Rafael Nadal pulls out of French Open with wrist injury
- Politicians must restrain from making comments on 2nd term of Rajan: Assocham
- India's forex reserves down $121.3 mn to $360.90 bn