Manmohan, Sonia praise each other
New Delhi: On the ninth anniversary of the UPA government Wednesday, its two key figures - Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Congress president Sonia Gandhi - praised each other.
Beginning his speech at his 7 Race Course residence, Manmohan Singh said to applause: "I would like to place on record our deep gratitude to Sonia Gandhi whose inspiring leadership has made these achievements possible."
And he ended his speech also by lauding Gandhi -- who made him the prime minister nine years ago -- for her "inspiring leadership".
Speaking later, Gandhi was more effusive in her praise of the prime minister.
She said Manmohan Singh had been carrying out his responsibilities during the last nine years with "great dignity" despite "unrelenting hostility" from the opposition.
"We respect him and we all stand by him," she added to loud applause.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'