Manmohan to be invited to NAM Summit in Iran
New Delhi: Iranian Foreign Minister Ali Akbar Salehi will undertake a two-day visit here from May 30 to hand over an invitation to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to attend Non-Aligned Movement Summit to be held in Tehran in August.
Foreign Secretary Ranjan Mathai told mediapersons here that Salehi will come as a special envoy of Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad to hand over to Singh a personal invitation to attend the NAM Summit.
The Summit is scheduled to be held in the Iranian capital from August 26 to 31.
Salehi will meet External Affairs Minister S M Krishna a day before his meeting with the Prime Minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Arvind Kejriwal takes U-turn on water promise, says BJP
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!