Manmohan to be invited to NAM Summit in Iran
New Delhi: Iranian Foreign Minister Ali Akbar Salehi will undertake a two-day visit here from May 30 to hand over an invitation to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to attend Non-Aligned Movement Summit to be held in Tehran in August.
Foreign Secretary Ranjan Mathai told mediapersons here that Salehi will come as a special envoy of Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad to hand over to Singh a personal invitation to attend the NAM Summit.
The Summit is scheduled to be held in the Iranian capital from August 26 to 31.
Salehi will meet External Affairs Minister S M Krishna a day before his meeting with the Prime Minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened