Many big dams face terror threat: Govt
New Delhi: The government on Tuesday said many of the big dams in the country are under threat from terrorists and action has been taken to protect them.
"The government has received reports of threat inputs indicating plans of terrorists to target important dams," Minister of State for Home, Mullappally Ramachandran said in Lok Sabha.
He was replying to a question whether many of the big dams in the country are under threat from terrorists.
The minister said the threat inputs have been shared with the state governments concerned and dam management authorities.
"Meetings have also been held with state police forces concerned, dam management authorities and Central security agencies to coordinate security measures and strengthen security at dams to counter these threats," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM