Many big dams face terror threat: Govt
New Delhi: The government on Tuesday said many of the big dams in the country are under threat from terrorists and action has been taken to protect them.
"The government has received reports of threat inputs indicating plans of terrorists to target important dams," Minister of State for Home, Mullappally Ramachandran said in Lok Sabha.
He was replying to a question whether many of the big dams in the country are under threat from terrorists.
The minister said the threat inputs have been shared with the state governments concerned and dam management authorities.
"Meetings have also been held with state police forces concerned, dam management authorities and Central security agencies to coordinate security measures and strengthen security at dams to counter these threats," he said.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today