Many characters modelled on famous Bihar leader: Javed Akhtar
Patna: Many characters in Bollywood films were modelled on Lalu Prasad to cash in on his funny disposition but the `positive` transformation of Bihar now attracts praise for its citizens, noted lyricist and Rajya Sabha MP Javed Akhtar on Thursday said.
"Many films have tailored roles akin to a famous leader from the state to cash on his funny character," Akhtar, also noted script writer said without naming Prasad.
He was answering questions by reporters that many Bollywood film characters were modelled on jailed RJD chief Lalu prasad.
Asked if he had some script in his mind to highlight the positive changes in the state , he said films are made on good stories not to show rise or fall of a state.
Noted filmmaker Prakash Jha has made some good films like `Gangajal` and `Apaharan` based on social problems in Bihar, the Padmabhusan awardee said and praised `3 Idiots`, `Kahani`, `Lunch box`, `Udaan` and `Shaheed`, which he said were based on strong social themes.
Asked about prevalence of cuss words in present day films, he said it was due to moral degeneration in the society. "After all cinemas reflect only what is prevailing in the society," he said.
Akhtar, who was here in connection with a school function, said the 1980s were the darkest period for the Hindi film industry which regained some glory in the 1990s.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena