Many characters modelled on famous Bihar leader: Javed Akhtar
Patna: Many characters in Bollywood films were modelled on Lalu Prasad to cash in on his funny disposition but the `positive` transformation of Bihar now attracts praise for its citizens, noted lyricist and Rajya Sabha MP Javed Akhtar on Thursday said.
"Many films have tailored roles akin to a famous leader from the state to cash on his funny character," Akhtar, also noted script writer said without naming Prasad.
He was answering questions by reporters that many Bollywood film characters were modelled on jailed RJD chief Lalu prasad.
Asked if he had some script in his mind to highlight the positive changes in the state , he said films are made on good stories not to show rise or fall of a state.
Noted filmmaker Prakash Jha has made some good films like `Gangajal` and `Apaharan` based on social problems in Bihar, the Padmabhusan awardee said and praised `3 Idiots`, `Kahani`, `Lunch box`, `Udaan` and `Shaheed`, which he said were based on strong social themes.
Asked about prevalence of cuss words in present day films, he said it was due to moral degeneration in the society. "After all cinemas reflect only what is prevailing in the society," he said.
Akhtar, who was here in connection with a school function, said the 1980s were the darkest period for the Hindi film industry which regained some glory in the 1990s.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt