Many issues causing injustice to Seemandhra: BJP leaders
New Delhi: Telangana BJP leaders may be affirmative that their party has not changed its stand on the Telangana Bill but their Seemandhra counterparts on Friday said many components in the bill were causing injustice to residual Andhra Pradesh.
"As far as the contents in the bill are concerned, there are many issues, which are causing injustice to Seemandhra," BJP national executive member Hari Babu, who is from Seemandhra region, told reporters here.
The Seemandhra leaders, today, met party president Rajnath Singh and Leader of Opposition in the Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj, urging them to insist on certain amendments that are adverse to the interests of their region.
"These amendments must be pressed for voting in Parliament. BJP should insist the amendments and also vote on it," Babu said.
He wanted clarity on the amendment on villages that are to be transferred to Seemandhra for Polavaram Irrigation Project.
On the other hand, state BJP president Kishan Reddy, who is also an MLA from Hyderabad, said his party was in favour of Telangana Bill.
"Even hundred Jagans are going to meet our leaders, our stand will not change," Reddy observed when asked to comment about the meeting between Rajnath Singh and YSRCP chief Jaganmohan Reddy here.
He also denied reports that BJP leaders were speaking in different voices, saying his party would 100 per cent support the Telangana Bill.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical