Many minority schemes under consideration: Najma Heptulla
New Delhi: Minority Affairs Minister Najma Heptula Thursday said several schemes were under consideration to help minority communities in all states.
She said her ministry was considering schemes called "Ustaad", "Hamari Dharohar" and "Nai Manzil".
"Ustaad aims at upgrading skills and training in preservation of traditional ancestral arts/crafts of minorities, while Hamari Dharohar aims to preserve the rich heritage of minority communities. Nai Manzil is a course to bridge the academic and skill development gaps of Madrasa passouts," Heptulla said in the Lok Sabha.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj