Maoist arsenal found, hardcore Maoist leader held
Midnapore: Amid stepped up offensive in
three Maoist infested districts of West Bengal, joint forces
have seized the largest ever cache of arms, ammunition and
explosives since they began operations in June last year and
arrested a top local Maoist leader.
"So far it is the largest ever recovery of arms,
ammunition and explosives, including fireams looted during
February 15 Maoist attack on the Silda EFR camp in West
Midnapore district," a top police official told PTI here
The seizures made at Jharnadiha village in Binpur area
in West Midnapore district last evening, included AK-47
and INSAS rifles, a large number of cartridges, detonators,
gelatine sticks, crude bombs, two computers, CDs and
The joint forces also found some firearms looted
during the Maoist attack on the EFR camp at Silda on February
15 when the ultras killed 24 personnel, he said.
The police official said some police and CRPF uniforms
were also seized.
The arms and ammunition, he said, were stockpiled by
the Maoists after looting them or procuring from other
A hardcore Maoist, whom the police declined to name,
was also arrested and 27 were detained during yesterday`s
Police sources said that more raids would be made.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'