Maoist attack: Delhi CM visits Shukla in hospital
New Delhi: Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit on Sunday visited Medanta hospital in Gurgaon to enquire about the health condition of VC Shukla, a former Union Minister and senior Congress leader who was injured after Maoists ambushed a convoy of party leaders in Chhattisgarh`s Bastar district.
84-year-old Shukla was airlifted to the hospital in Gurgaon from Raipur early this morning.
Heavily-armed Maoists had ambushed the convoy of Congress leaders in Chhattisgarh on Saturday, killing 27 people including senior party leader Mahendra Karma, and injuring Shukla and 31 others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees