Maoist attack: Delhi CM visits Shukla in hospital
New Delhi: Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit on Sunday visited Medanta hospital in Gurgaon to enquire about the health condition of VC Shukla, a former Union Minister and senior Congress leader who was injured after Maoists ambushed a convoy of party leaders in Chhattisgarh`s Bastar district.
84-year-old Shukla was airlifted to the hospital in Gurgaon from Raipur early this morning.
Heavily-armed Maoists had ambushed the convoy of Congress leaders in Chhattisgarh on Saturday, killing 27 people including senior party leader Mahendra Karma, and injuring Shukla and 31 others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah