Maoist attack: Delhi CM visits Shukla in hospital
New Delhi: Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit on Sunday visited Medanta hospital in Gurgaon to enquire about the health condition of VC Shukla, a former Union Minister and senior Congress leader who was injured after Maoists ambushed a convoy of party leaders in Chhattisgarh`s Bastar district.
84-year-old Shukla was airlifted to the hospital in Gurgaon from Raipur early this morning.
Heavily-armed Maoists had ambushed the convoy of Congress leaders in Chhattisgarh on Saturday, killing 27 people including senior party leader Mahendra Karma, and injuring Shukla and 31 others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre