Maoist attack: Delhi CM visits Shukla in hospital
New Delhi: Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit on Sunday visited Medanta hospital in Gurgaon to enquire about the health condition of VC Shukla, a former Union Minister and senior Congress leader who was injured after Maoists ambushed a convoy of party leaders in Chhattisgarh`s Bastar district.
84-year-old Shukla was airlifted to the hospital in Gurgaon from Raipur early this morning.
Heavily-armed Maoists had ambushed the convoy of Congress leaders in Chhattisgarh on Saturday, killing 27 people including senior party leader Mahendra Karma, and injuring Shukla and 31 others.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav