Maoist attack has strengthened resolve to fight them: Pranab
New Delhi: The Government on Wednesday said the
"dastardly attack" on Eastern Frontier Rifle jawans in West
Bengal has strengthened its resolve to fight the Maoist
"It is a dastardly attack and I can only tell it has
strengthened our resolve to fight against this menace...,"
Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee said, when asked about
Monday`s attack by the Maoists.
Twenty-four jawans of West Bengal`s paramilitary force
Eastern Frontier Rifle were killed when the ultras overran
their camp at Silda in West Midnapore district after setting
it on fire.
Home Minister P Chidambaram has said the attack is
"another outrageous attempt by the banned organisation to
overawe the established authority in the State."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune