Maoist attack has strengthened resolve to fight them: Pranab
New Delhi: The Government on Wednesday said the
"dastardly attack" on Eastern Frontier Rifle jawans in West
Bengal has strengthened its resolve to fight the Maoist
"It is a dastardly attack and I can only tell it has
strengthened our resolve to fight against this menace...,"
Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee said, when asked about
Monday`s attack by the Maoists.
Twenty-four jawans of West Bengal`s paramilitary force
Eastern Frontier Rifle were killed when the ultras overran
their camp at Silda in West Midnapore district after setting
it on fire.
Home Minister P Chidambaram has said the attack is
"another outrageous attempt by the banned organisation to
overawe the established authority in the State."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday