Maoist attack has strengthened resolve to fight them: Pranab
New Delhi: The Government on Wednesday said the
"dastardly attack" on Eastern Frontier Rifle jawans in West
Bengal has strengthened its resolve to fight the Maoist
"It is a dastardly attack and I can only tell it has
strengthened our resolve to fight against this menace...,"
Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee said, when asked about
Monday`s attack by the Maoists.
Twenty-four jawans of West Bengal`s paramilitary force
Eastern Frontier Rifle were killed when the ultras overran
their camp at Silda in West Midnapore district after setting
it on fire.
Home Minister P Chidambaram has said the attack is
"another outrageous attempt by the banned organisation to
overawe the established authority in the State."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack