Maoist leader arrested in Odisha
Rayagada: A Maoist leader, wanted in connection with the murder of a sarpanch and other criminal activities, was arrested from Pokara village in Rayagada district, police said today.
antosh Gurlika was caught during a joint raid conducted by CRPF, Special Operation Group (SOG) and District Voluntary Force (DVF) yesterday.
Gurlika was allegedly involved in the killing of the sarpanch of Hanumanapur Gram Panchayat Deba Gangaranga in December, 2012.
The rebel leader, who occupied important position in organisation, was also involved in several other criminal activities including torching of a country-liquor manufacturing unit in Chandrapur area, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan