Maoist leader arrested in Odisha
Rayagada: A Maoist leader, wanted in connection with the murder of a sarpanch and other criminal activities, was arrested from Pokara village in Rayagada district, police said today.
antosh Gurlika was caught during a joint raid conducted by CRPF, Special Operation Group (SOG) and District Voluntary Force (DVF) yesterday.
Gurlika was allegedly involved in the killing of the sarpanch of Hanumanapur Gram Panchayat Deba Gangaranga in December, 2012.
The rebel leader, who occupied important position in organisation, was also involved in several other criminal activities including torching of a country-liquor manufacturing unit in Chandrapur area, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj