Maoist leader arrested in Odisha
Rayagada: A Maoist leader, wanted in connection with the murder of a sarpanch and other criminal activities, was arrested from Pokara village in Rayagada district, police said today.
antosh Gurlika was caught during a joint raid conducted by CRPF, Special Operation Group (SOG) and District Voluntary Force (DVF) yesterday.
Gurlika was allegedly involved in the killing of the sarpanch of Hanumanapur Gram Panchayat Deba Gangaranga in December, 2012.
The rebel leader, who occupied important position in organisation, was also involved in several other criminal activities including torching of a country-liquor manufacturing unit in Chandrapur area, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Arvind Kejriwal takes U-turn on water promise, says BJP
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!