Maoist leader arrested in Odisha
Rayagada: A Maoist leader, wanted in connection with the murder of a sarpanch and other criminal activities, was arrested from Pokara village in Rayagada district, police said today.
antosh Gurlika was caught during a joint raid conducted by CRPF, Special Operation Group (SOG) and District Voluntary Force (DVF) yesterday.
Gurlika was allegedly involved in the killing of the sarpanch of Hanumanapur Gram Panchayat Deba Gangaranga in December, 2012.
The rebel leader, who occupied important position in organisation, was also involved in several other criminal activities including torching of a country-liquor manufacturing unit in Chandrapur area, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH