Maoist leader arrested in Odisha
Rayagada: A Maoist leader, wanted in connection with the murder of a sarpanch and other criminal activities, was arrested from Pokara village in Rayagada district, police said today.
antosh Gurlika was caught during a joint raid conducted by CRPF, Special Operation Group (SOG) and District Voluntary Force (DVF) yesterday.
Gurlika was allegedly involved in the killing of the sarpanch of Hanumanapur Gram Panchayat Deba Gangaranga in December, 2012.
The rebel leader, who occupied important position in organisation, was also involved in several other criminal activities including torching of a country-liquor manufacturing unit in Chandrapur area, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- India, Bangladesh enclave residents get freedom after 68 years