Maoist leader`s bail plea rejected, sent to jail
Koraput: The bail plea of Maoist
leader Ganti Prasadam, whose release among others has been
demanded by Naxals to free abducted Malkangiri collector RV
Krishna, was rejected after he was brought from Andhra Pradesh
and produced before a magistrate in Koraput on Sunday.
Prasadam was sent to Koraput jail after
Sub-Divisional Judicial Magistrate rejected his bail
application, a day after ordering his production before the
court, lawyer of the Maoist leader Nihar Ranjan Patnaik said.
Prasadam, convener of Martyrs Friends and Relatives
Committee, was brought from Ongole Prison in Andhra Pradesh`s
Prakasam district, where he was lodged since February 7.
He was handed over to police last evening as Orissa
Police had secured a Prisoners Transfer (PT) warrant against
him from Koraput SDJM, officials said.
"Following the court directive (PT warrant), we handed
over Prasadam to police for production before the Koraput
court", according to Ongole Prison Superintendent V Phaniraju.
Prasadam, arrested in November last by Koraput Police,
had been taken to Ongole in connection with a case there.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Uttarakhand board Class 10th results 2016 to be declared today on May 25, 2016 at 11 AM
- Goa GBSHSE SSC Class 10th Results 2016 to be declared today May 25, 2016 at 3 PM