Maoist threat disrupts train service
New Delhi: Maoist threat on the eve of Independence Day disrupted train services on the busy Howrah-Delhi route late last night with several trains including Rajdhanis arriving here late by several hours on Wednesday.
According to Railways, about 25 Maoists arrived at Ismailpur Station of Mughalsarai Division at 10.45 pm last night and stuck posters and banners carrying a warning that train movement should be stopped.
"Train movement stopped in both up and down routes considering the safety of passengers and trains," said spokesperson of East Central Railway.
The Rajdhanis including Bhubneshwar-New Delhi, Howrah-New Delhi, Sealdah-New Delhi among other trains were held up at different stations between Gomoh and Mughal Sarai.
Howrah-Delhi Express, Neelanchal Express, Howrah Duronto, Kalka Express, Gwalior Mail, Palamu Express, Dhanbad-Ludhiana Express and Haita-Patna Express are among other trains which got delayed due to the Maoist threat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: Panel discussion on students turning traitors at JNU - Part IV
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- LeT chief Lakhvi`s son was gunned down by Indian troops in Kashmir: David Headley