Maoist threat to Duranto halts trains in WB
Kolkata: Train services in Maoist-hit West
Midnapore district were suspended Wednesday evening after the GRP
alerted the authorities that the ultras were targeting the
Mumbai-Howrah Duranto Express, South Eastern Railway sources
"The Jhargram GRP informed us around 7:35 pm that Maoists
were planning an attack on the Mumbai-Howrah Duranto Express.
We have accordingly stopped all trains at the nearest
stations," the sources said.
As a result, train services on the Kharagpur-Tatanagar
section were suspended.
They said the Duranto Express was stopped at the Ghatsila
station and the Howrah-Tatanagar Steel Express at Kalaikunda.
"We may have to take Duranto back to Tatanagar and the
Steel Express to Kharagpur," the sources said, adding that the
Up and Down Tatanagar-Kharagpur passenger trains have also
After the May 28 Jnaneswari Express disaster which left
148 passengers dead, trains are not allowed to run between
10:00 pm to 5:00 am in the Kharagpur-Tatanagar and
Kharagpur-Adra sections till June 14.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi