Maoists abduct school teacher in West Bengal
Bankura: The Maoists struck again by kidnapping a school headmaster in West Bengal’s Bankura District on Friday late evening and threatened to kill him if the state government failed to release six villagers arrested after police officer Rabi Lochan Mitra’s murder.
On Friday evening, the armed Maoists barged into Shibram Satpathy School in Sarulia village of the District and went around searching for its headmaster Ranjit Duley.
Duley came out and confronted them.
The Maoists pointed their guns at Duley and asked him to come along.
It was reported that the Maoists ‘tried’ him at a Kangaroo Court deep inside the Amlachuti Forest area.
Bankura Superintendent of Police Vishal Garg said that the investigation is on.
“We have started investigation. Not much information has been received so far,” Garg said.
The incident occurred just days after Maoist leader Koteshwar Rao’s right hand man Telugu Deepak was arrested by the West Bengal Police.
Koteshwar Rao also served a 48-hour ultimatum for Duley’s release.
It was reported that the People’s Committee against Police Atrocities (PCPA) leader Sidhu Soren, also made the same demand.
Soren also claimed that kidnapping was done by an outfit called Sidhu Kanu Grnamilitia, which appears to be a Maoist front organization.
Police suspect that Duley’s abduction has a revenge motive for the encounter of the suspected Maoist Jagannath Duley.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends