Maoists claim kidnapped Bihar policemen in their custody
Munger/Lakhisarai: Maoists Tuesday issued an ultimatum to the Bihar government to release eight of their jailed colleagues by tomorrow failing which they
would kill all the four securitymen kidnapped by them from
Claiming responsibility for killing seven policemen
during the encounter in the district on Sunday and kidnapping
the security personnel, Avinash, a self-proclaimed spokesman
of CPI(Maoist), told reporters in Munger over phone early this
morning that they had communicated their demand to Chief
Minister Nitish Kumar`s official residence in Patna.
"Eight of our commanders lodged in jails of Bihar
should be released otherwise we will be compelled to kill the
four policemen - two Sub-Inspectors and two Bihar Military
Police (BMP) jawans captured on Sunday," Avinash said.
He said, "We have asked the government to release our
colleagues who include Jaipaswan, Vijay Chourasia, Prem
Bhuiyan, Pramod Barnwal by 4.00 pm tomorrow."
Avinash claimed that their cadre provided first-aid to
some of the BMP jawans who were critically wounded and were
shifted by locals to hospital.
"We lost a commander Ratan Yadav in the operation but
we succeeded in taking away 35 weapons," he said and denied
reports that some more casualties occurred on their side.
"Among those killed in the encounter were six Bihar
Military Police personnel, officer-in-charge of Kawaiya police
outpost Bhulan Yadav and a policeman," Superintendent of
Police Ashok Kumar Singh had said after reaching the spot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- Video of cops dancing with woman goes viral, inquiry ordered
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27