Maoists claim missing security personnel dead
Rourkela: The Maoists have claimed that a security personnel, termed as missing by police after an
encounter, was killed inside a forest in Orissa`s Sundargarh
district bordering Jharkhand.
The personnel, identified as Laxman Kissan (28) of the
district voluntary force, was found missing after the
gunbattle at Chirubeda Saturday evening, Additional Superintendent
of Police (Rourkela) Ramachandra Panda said.
Subsequently, Maoist leader Samar Jee, the area
commander of the rebel outfit in Chhotanagpur, told a section
of the media here that the body of Kissan was with them and
would be handed over to his family members with honour.
Bodies of the two Maoists who were killed in the gun
battle were yet to be found, police said. Police had claimed
to have killed two Maoist guerrillas in the gunfire yesterday.
A Special Operation Group (SOG) constable Bhabagrahi
Naik (28), who sustained a bullet injury, was admitted to a
hospital where his condition is said to be stable.
Meanwhile, combing operation in Saranda forest area
continued for the second day today, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- OROP implementation after Bihar poll, says Manohar Parrikar
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men