Maoists claim missing security personnel dead
Rourkela: The Maoists have claimed that a security personnel, termed as missing by police after an
encounter, was killed inside a forest in Orissa`s Sundargarh
district bordering Jharkhand.
The personnel, identified as Laxman Kissan (28) of the
district voluntary force, was found missing after the
gunbattle at Chirubeda Saturday evening, Additional Superintendent
of Police (Rourkela) Ramachandra Panda said.
Subsequently, Maoist leader Samar Jee, the area
commander of the rebel outfit in Chhotanagpur, told a section
of the media here that the body of Kissan was with them and
would be handed over to his family members with honour.
Bodies of the two Maoists who were killed in the gun
battle were yet to be found, police said. Police had claimed
to have killed two Maoist guerrillas in the gunfire yesterday.
A Special Operation Group (SOG) constable Bhabagrahi
Naik (28), who sustained a bullet injury, was admitted to a
hospital where his condition is said to be stable.
Meanwhile, combing operation in Saranda forest area
continued for the second day today, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list