Maoists claim missing security personnel dead
Rourkela: The Maoists have claimed that a security personnel, termed as missing by police after an
encounter, was killed inside a forest in Orissa`s Sundargarh
district bordering Jharkhand.
The personnel, identified as Laxman Kissan (28) of the
district voluntary force, was found missing after the
gunbattle at Chirubeda Saturday evening, Additional Superintendent
of Police (Rourkela) Ramachandra Panda said.
Subsequently, Maoist leader Samar Jee, the area
commander of the rebel outfit in Chhotanagpur, told a section
of the media here that the body of Kissan was with them and
would be handed over to his family members with honour.
Bodies of the two Maoists who were killed in the gun
battle were yet to be found, police said. Police had claimed
to have killed two Maoist guerrillas in the gunfire yesterday.
A Special Operation Group (SOG) constable Bhabagrahi
Naik (28), who sustained a bullet injury, was admitted to a
hospital where his condition is said to be stable.
Meanwhile, combing operation in Saranda forest area
continued for the second day today, sources said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan