Maoists claim missing security personnel dead
Rourkela: The Maoists have claimed that a security personnel, termed as missing by police after an
encounter, was killed inside a forest in Orissa`s Sundargarh
district bordering Jharkhand.
The personnel, identified as Laxman Kissan (28) of the
district voluntary force, was found missing after the
gunbattle at Chirubeda Saturday evening, Additional Superintendent
of Police (Rourkela) Ramachandra Panda said.
Subsequently, Maoist leader Samar Jee, the area
commander of the rebel outfit in Chhotanagpur, told a section
of the media here that the body of Kissan was with them and
would be handed over to his family members with honour.
Bodies of the two Maoists who were killed in the gun
battle were yet to be found, police said. Police had claimed
to have killed two Maoist guerrillas in the gunfire yesterday.
A Special Operation Group (SOG) constable Bhabagrahi
Naik (28), who sustained a bullet injury, was admitted to a
hospital where his condition is said to be stable.
Meanwhile, combing operation in Saranda forest area
continued for the second day today, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj