Maoists getting arms from China: Home Secretary
New Delhi: The government for the first time
on Sunday said that the Maoists are getting arms from China, which
is a "big supplier" of small weapons.
"Chinese are big smugglers... suppliers of small arms. I
am sure that the Maoists also get them," Home Secretary G K
Pillai said when asked if the Naxals were having links with
The Home Secretary said the government has no information
that the Maoists have any links with China except getting
arms. "I do not think so, except getting arms," he told
reporters on the sidelines of a function here.
Pillai, however, did not elaborate whether the Maoists
were getting arms from Chinese arms smugglers or official
Home Minister P Chidambaram had said
last month that the Maoists are acquiring weapons through
Bangladesh, Myanmar and possibly Nepal.
"We know now that the weapons are coming through
Bangladesh and Myanmar and possibly Nepal. The border is very
porous. The Indo-Nepal border is a very porous border." he had
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!