Maoists getting arms from China: Home Secretary
New Delhi: The government for the first time
on Sunday said that the Maoists are getting arms from China, which
is a "big supplier" of small weapons.
"Chinese are big smugglers... suppliers of small arms. I
am sure that the Maoists also get them," Home Secretary G K
Pillai said when asked if the Naxals were having links with
The Home Secretary said the government has no information
that the Maoists have any links with China except getting
arms. "I do not think so, except getting arms," he told
reporters on the sidelines of a function here.
Pillai, however, did not elaborate whether the Maoists
were getting arms from Chinese arms smugglers or official
Home Minister P Chidambaram had said
last month that the Maoists are acquiring weapons through
Bangladesh, Myanmar and possibly Nepal.
"We know now that the weapons are coming through
Bangladesh and Myanmar and possibly Nepal. The border is very
porous. The Indo-Nepal border is a very porous border." he had
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed