Maoists numbers, military potential increasing: Shinde
New Delhi: Maoist cadres in the country are gaining in strength and have displayed military potential to form new battalions, union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde warned Thursday.
"Naxalism continues to pose a significant challenge. There are indicators about increase in the number of trained and armed cadres, reorganisation of military potential for formation of new battalions," Shinde said.
They were displaying potential for "the creation of well-developed indigenous capacity for accretions to their arsenal", he added.
Shinde was delivering the inaugural address at a three-day annual meet here of police directors general and inspectors general from states and central police forces.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31