Maoists numbers, military potential increasing: Shinde
New Delhi: Maoist cadres in the country are gaining in strength and have displayed military potential to form new battalions, union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde warned Thursday.
"Naxalism continues to pose a significant challenge. There are indicators about increase in the number of trained and armed cadres, reorganisation of military potential for formation of new battalions," Shinde said.
They were displaying potential for "the creation of well-developed indigenous capacity for accretions to their arsenal", he added.
Shinde was delivering the inaugural address at a three-day annual meet here of police directors general and inspectors general from states and central police forces.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city