Maoists numbers, military potential increasing: Shinde
New Delhi: Maoist cadres in the country are gaining in strength and have displayed military potential to form new battalions, union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde warned Thursday.
"Naxalism continues to pose a significant challenge. There are indicators about increase in the number of trained and armed cadres, reorganisation of military potential for formation of new battalions," Shinde said.
They were displaying potential for "the creation of well-developed indigenous capacity for accretions to their arsenal", he added.
Shinde was delivering the inaugural address at a three-day annual meet here of police directors general and inspectors general from states and central police forces.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation