Maoists set off dynamites in school, blast rail tracks
Ranchi/Patna: Maoists set off dynamites in a
school and a panchayat office, blasted railway tracks and
torched a panel room taking some railmen as hostages besides
destroying some mobile phone towers in stepped up violence in
Jharkhand and Bihar.
The Maoists resorted to violent protests for the second
consecutive day against the Centre`s move to launch a
crackdown on the banned group during their two-day shutdown
which ended today.
Six railway officials, a station master and his assistant
were also taken hostages after 150 ultras stormed Banshipur
railway station in Bihar`s Lakhisarai district but freed them
later with a warning not to allow trains to run during the
The ultras torched a railway panel room and destroyed the
traffic control system at the station, official sources said.
Armed Maoists blasted railway tracks between
Mccluskieganj and Mahuamilan in Jharkhand`s Latehar district
which caused 11 rakes of a goods train to derail, Railway PRO
Amrendra Das said.
The driver and staff of the train were unhurt but the
blast disrupted services on both the up and down lines.
Tracks were also blasted by another group of 100 cadres
between Dania and Jageshwarbihar railway stations with
overhead traction wires blown off under its impact, Das said.
In Jharkhand, Maoists damaged three classrooms by
setting off a dynamite at the Nawadih Middle School in Chatra
district, according to SP D B Sharma.
In other incident of violence in Bihar`s Munger district,
over 100 ultras blasted a dynamite at a block office at
Sangrampur, which led parts of the building to collapse.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP