Maoists threaten to blow up Rail Bhawan
New Delhi: The Railway Headquarter here has
received a letter purportedly written by Maoists threatening
to blow up Rail Bhawan along with some other vital railway
establishments in Delhi, prompting authorities to step up
"A threatening letter, addressed to Chairman Railway
Board (CRB), was received a couple of days back," a source in
the Railway Ministry said today.
The letter, claimed to have been written by Maoists,
threatened that vital rail establishments, like the Rail
Bhawan which is located next to Parliament and the Baroda
House situated near India Gate, would be blown up, the source
While the letter is being examined for its
authenticity, "precautionary measures" have been taken at
these establishments, the source said.
A top official of the Railway Protection Force (RPF),
which is responsible for security of railway properties, said
Delhi Police has been informed about the letter and "necessary
measures" were being taken.
He did not rule out the letter being a hoax.
Maoists have been off and on targeting railway
property, like trains and tracks, in various states including
Bihar, Jharkhand and West Bengal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Actor Irrfan Khan stirs controversy over statement on Ramadan rituals
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution?
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution? - Part II
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution? - Part III
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution? - Part IV
- World Cup winning coach Luiz Felipe Scolari wants to succeed Roy Hodgson as new England manager
- Another jolt to BSP, senior party leader RK Chaudhary also accuses Mayawati of auctioning election ticket
- Gold price up Rs 100 at Rs 30,350 per ten grams; silver tops Rs 43k level
- Vadra should be prosecuted for alleged suicide, if it was assisted, of his father: Subramanian Swamy
- Sachin Tendulkar's latest tweet proves that wherever he goes, India follows - See pic inside!