Maoists threaten to blow up Rail Bhawan
New Delhi: The Railway Headquarter here has
received a letter purportedly written by Maoists threatening
to blow up Rail Bhawan along with some other vital railway
establishments in Delhi, prompting authorities to step up
"A threatening letter, addressed to Chairman Railway
Board (CRB), was received a couple of days back," a source in
the Railway Ministry said today.
The letter, claimed to have been written by Maoists,
threatened that vital rail establishments, like the Rail
Bhawan which is located next to Parliament and the Baroda
House situated near India Gate, would be blown up, the source
While the letter is being examined for its
authenticity, "precautionary measures" have been taken at
these establishments, the source said.
A top official of the Railway Protection Force (RPF),
which is responsible for security of railway properties, said
Delhi Police has been informed about the letter and "necessary
measures" were being taken.
He did not rule out the letter being a hoax.
Maoists have been off and on targeting railway
property, like trains and tracks, in various states including
Bihar, Jharkhand and West Bengal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him