Maoists threaten to blow up Rail Bhawan
New Delhi: The Railway Headquarter here has
received a letter purportedly written by Maoists threatening
to blow up Rail Bhawan along with some other vital railway
establishments in Delhi, prompting authorities to step up
"A threatening letter, addressed to Chairman Railway
Board (CRB), was received a couple of days back," a source in
the Railway Ministry said today.
The letter, claimed to have been written by Maoists,
threatened that vital rail establishments, like the Rail
Bhawan which is located next to Parliament and the Baroda
House situated near India Gate, would be blown up, the source
While the letter is being examined for its
authenticity, "precautionary measures" have been taken at
these establishments, the source said.
A top official of the Railway Protection Force (RPF),
which is responsible for security of railway properties, said
Delhi Police has been informed about the letter and "necessary
measures" were being taken.
He did not rule out the letter being a hoax.
Maoists have been off and on targeting railway
property, like trains and tracks, in various states including
Bihar, Jharkhand and West Bengal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand