Mapping of helicopter routes on: Ravi
Shillong: Rattled by the spate of
chopper crashes of late, including the one which killed
Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Dorjee Khandu, the Union
Civil Aviation Ministry has set about delineating air routes
for all helicopters.
Giving the information o Saturday Union Civil Aviation
Minister Vayalar Ravi expressed hope the exercise would be
"Very soon all helicopters will have a route map. They
just cannot go here and there," he said.
Asked as to when the exercise would be completed, Ravi
said: "We are trying to do it as fast as we can."
Khandu’s Pawan Hans chopper crashed on April 30 at
Luguthang 10 minutes after take-off from Tawang helipad,
killing him and four others on board.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder spread over various cities
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!
- NASA completes series of engine tests for next big rocket