Mapping of helicopter routes on: Ravi
Shillong: Rattled by the spate of
chopper crashes of late, including the one which killed
Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Dorjee Khandu, the Union
Civil Aviation Ministry has set about delineating air routes
for all helicopters.
Giving the information o Saturday Union Civil Aviation
Minister Vayalar Ravi expressed hope the exercise would be
"Very soon all helicopters will have a route map. They
just cannot go here and there," he said.
Asked as to when the exercise would be completed, Ravi
said: "We are trying to do it as fast as we can."
Khandu’s Pawan Hans chopper crashed on April 30 at
Luguthang 10 minutes after take-off from Tawang helipad,
killing him and four others on board.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi