Mapping of helicopter routes on: Ravi
Shillong: Rattled by the spate of
chopper crashes of late, including the one which killed
Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Dorjee Khandu, the Union
Civil Aviation Ministry has set about delineating air routes
for all helicopters.
Giving the information o Saturday Union Civil Aviation
Minister Vayalar Ravi expressed hope the exercise would be
"Very soon all helicopters will have a route map. They
just cannot go here and there," he said.
Asked as to when the exercise would be completed, Ravi
said: "We are trying to do it as fast as we can."
Khandu’s Pawan Hans chopper crashed on April 30 at
Luguthang 10 minutes after take-off from Tawang helipad,
killing him and four others on board.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi's inflation-related speech ''baseless'', just wants to grab people's attention: BJP
- Erdogan wants Army under President's control after coup: Turkish official
- Chidambaram rejects Arun Jaitley's remarks on inflation
- Microsoft to cut additional 2,850 jobs from smartphone sector
- Interesting numbers on India's beggar population out! How do Hindus and Muslims fare? - Read