Marandi launches Bharat Vikas Morcha in Bihar
Patna: Former Jharkhand chief minister and
president of Jharkhand Vikas Morcha (JVM) Babulal Marandi
Sunday launched a new political party the Bharat Vikas Morcha
(BVM) that would contest about 100 seats in the upcoming
Assembly elections in Bihar.
Talking to reporters here Marandi, whose JVM has 11 MLAs
in the 82-member Jharkhand Assembly said that (BVM), which was
earlier an a political party had sought the party`s support to
contest the forthcoming Assembly elections in the state.
"We (JVM) will return the help extended to the party by
the BVM during the 2009 elections and I and other party
leaders will campaign in favour of BVM candidates in the
upcoming elections," Marandi said and added that the move
was aimed at giving a voice to have-nots and rise in revolt
against major political parties who have failed to take up
Marandi criticised the Congress and the NDA dispensations
for "failing" to find out a lasting solution to "Naxalism,
terrorism, criminalisation of politics and communalism" and
said we "the JVM and BVM will rake up these issues that
concern common people."
BVM central convenor, Vijay Kumar Mishra said that the
party would put up its candidate in all the 38 districts of
Bihar and might contest over 100 seats on its own with the
"blessings" of Babulal Marandi.
Marandi charged Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar with
indulging in "vote politics" and said instead of making vote
oriented promises, Kumar should have made it clear in the
report card as to how many promises which he had made to the
"poor and simple people" of the state before the last Assembly
elections had been implemented.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister