Margao blast: ATS searches Sanatan Sanstha office
Panaji: Anti-Terrorism Squad (ATS) sleuths
on Sunday conducted searches at an office here run by Sanatan
Sanstha, a Hindu right-wing organisation allegedly linked with
the Margao blast in which two of its members were killed.
The ATS personnel, who arrived here today, conducted
searches along with state police at the office of the
Sansthan, linked to 2008 Malegaon blast accused Sadhvi Pragya
Singh Thakur, in Nesai near Margao town.
The ATS personnel will help the police ascertain whether
there are links between Margao blasts and explosions that
occurred in Maharashtra in 2008, police said.
Officials of the Sanstha, who were detained and
interrogated yesterday, were again called today for
Five people, including ashram`s manager Virendra Marathe
and Prithviraj Hazare, editor of Sanstha`s mouthpiece `Sanatan
Prabhat`, were detained yesterday.
"They were interrogated for more than 10 hours on
Saturday at Margao police station," a senior police official
Raids were also conducted in Sanstha`s ashram at Ramnathi
village, near temple town of Ponda yesterday. Goa police had
defused three bombs at the site after the blast on diwali eve.
Police had confirmed that IED was used in the blast.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- Varun Dhawan, Jacqueline and John Abraham in 'Sau Tarah Ke' making video look HIGH on energy! Watch now
- Indian Premier League overdose? This is what BCCI intends to do in September
- 'CashEnglish' app rewards users with real cash
- Oh boy! Some cool tips for men's styling
- Superstar Mohanlal wants CM Vijayan to tackle Kerala's 'biggest terror', here is what he said