Margao blast: ATS searches Sanatan Sanstha office
Panaji: Anti-Terrorism Squad (ATS) sleuths
on Sunday conducted searches at an office here run by Sanatan
Sanstha, a Hindu right-wing organisation allegedly linked with
the Margao blast in which two of its members were killed.
The ATS personnel, who arrived here today, conducted
searches along with state police at the office of the
Sansthan, linked to 2008 Malegaon blast accused Sadhvi Pragya
Singh Thakur, in Nesai near Margao town.
The ATS personnel will help the police ascertain whether
there are links between Margao blasts and explosions that
occurred in Maharashtra in 2008, police said.
Officials of the Sanstha, who were detained and
interrogated yesterday, were again called today for
Five people, including ashram`s manager Virendra Marathe
and Prithviraj Hazare, editor of Sanstha`s mouthpiece `Sanatan
Prabhat`, were detained yesterday.
"They were interrogated for more than 10 hours on
Saturday at Margao police station," a senior police official
Raids were also conducted in Sanstha`s ashram at Ramnathi
village, near temple town of Ponda yesterday. Goa police had
defused three bombs at the site after the blast on diwali eve.
Police had confirmed that IED was used in the blast.
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- Chopper deal: No evidence to link politicians with AgustaWestland bribes, says Italian judge who delivered verdict
- Check out pic: Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg's “Star Wars” meeting!
- AgustaWestland deal: Congress says govt trying to vilify its leaders
- Arvind Kejriwal admits for first time, odd-even not a long-term remedy
- European Central Bank scraps 500-euro note