Marital discord behind officer`s wife`s allegations: Navy
Kochi: The Southern Naval Command has said that a marital discord between a serving lieutenant and his wife led to the officer`s wife registering a police complaint against some Navy officials.
An official at Kochi Harbour police station told a news agency that the officer`s wife had complained that she was being "tormented" by her husband, his parents and some naval officers here.
An Indian Navy spokesperson in a statement said that the wife of a lieutenant had "levelled unfair allegations against superior officers in her husband`s chain of command, their spouses and other officers".
He said that the officers and their wives had "unsuccessfully tried to resolve the couple`s personal life".
The statement added that the Southern Naval Command would cooperate in the investigation into the allegations.
The lieutenant has approached the Kerala High Court, seeking anticipatory bail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days