Marital discord behind officer`s wife`s allegations: Navy
Kochi: The Southern Naval Command has said that a marital discord between a serving lieutenant and his wife led to the officer`s wife registering a police complaint against some Navy officials.
An official at Kochi Harbour police station told a news agency that the officer`s wife had complained that she was being "tormented" by her husband, his parents and some naval officers here.
An Indian Navy spokesperson in a statement said that the wife of a lieutenant had "levelled unfair allegations against superior officers in her husband`s chain of command, their spouses and other officers".
He said that the officers and their wives had "unsuccessfully tried to resolve the couple`s personal life".
The statement added that the Southern Naval Command would cooperate in the investigation into the allegations.
The lieutenant has approached the Kerala High Court, seeking anticipatory bail.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: America standing against old nemesis Russia rather than ISIS
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know