Marital discord behind officer`s wife`s allegations: Navy
Kochi: The Southern Naval Command has said that a marital discord between a serving lieutenant and his wife led to the officer`s wife registering a police complaint against some Navy officials.
An official at Kochi Harbour police station told a news agency that the officer`s wife had complained that she was being "tormented" by her husband, his parents and some naval officers here.
An Indian Navy spokesperson in a statement said that the wife of a lieutenant had "levelled unfair allegations against superior officers in her husband`s chain of command, their spouses and other officers".
He said that the officers and their wives had "unsuccessfully tried to resolve the couple`s personal life".
The statement added that the Southern Naval Command would cooperate in the investigation into the allegations.
The lieutenant has approached the Kerala High Court, seeking anticipatory bail.
- PM Narendra Modi may quash MPs' dreams of 100% salary hike - Know why
- Who’s the ‘Secret Superstar’ in Aamir Khan’s next film?
- Know Vijay Mallya's Rajya Sabha journey
- Lifestyle, self-care, diet tips to deal with asthma!
- Rayudu vs Harbhajan, Kohli vs Gambhir – Watch the biggest fights from the Indian Premier League