Marital discord behind officer`s wife`s allegations: Navy
Kochi: The Southern Naval Command has said that a marital discord between a serving lieutenant and his wife led to the officer`s wife registering a police complaint against some Navy officials.
An official at Kochi Harbour police station told a news agency that the officer`s wife had complained that she was being "tormented" by her husband, his parents and some naval officers here.
An Indian Navy spokesperson in a statement said that the wife of a lieutenant had "levelled unfair allegations against superior officers in her husband`s chain of command, their spouses and other officers".
He said that the officers and their wives had "unsuccessfully tried to resolve the couple`s personal life".
The statement added that the Southern Naval Command would cooperate in the investigation into the allegations.
The lieutenant has approached the Kerala High Court, seeking anticipatory bail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Awkward! Watch Aditi Rao Hydari speaks about Farhan Akhtar’s divorce!
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket