Marriage was ND Tiwari`s decision, says ` very happy` Ujjwala Sharma
Zee Media Bureau
Lucknow: Two months after ND Tiwari admitted that Rohit Shekhar is his biological son, the 89-year-old Congress veteran leader married Ujjwala Sharma at his residence in Lucknow.
Sharma, a former college professor in Delhi, is the mother of Rohit Shekhar.
Meanwhile, speaking to the media, Sharma said that the decision to get married was taken by Tiwari and she is very happy about it.
The 67-year-old Ujjwala had earlier deposed that at the time of Rohit`s birth, she had talked to the Congress leader regarding giving his name as the father of the child, but she was "not allowed" to do so.
"At the time of birth of the child (Rohit) as well as at the time of his admission, I talked to defendant No 1(Tiwari), I wanted to give his name as father but on his pursuasion, taking his political career into consideration, I was not allowed to do that because he assured me that he intended to adopt the child and I trusted him," she had said.
The Delhi High Court on July 27, 2012, read out a DNA report in the case, according to which Tiwari was Shekhar`s biological father.
The HC had also dismissed a plea by Tiwari seeking mediation in the paternity suit.
The former governor of Andhra Pradesh and chief minister of Uttar Pradesh was dragged to court for the first time in the year 2008 by the 34-year-old young man, alleging him to be his father.
In 2012, Tiwari was forced to give samples of his DNA for a paternity test which established he had fathered Shekhar.
Tiwari`s admission came after the mother-son duo met him at Uttarakhand Sadan in New Delhi in March. During the meeting, the 88-year-old Tiwari acknowledged Rohit as his son.
"I accept him (Rohit Shekhar) as my son. It was already proved two years ago when my DNA matched with his. I am proud of my association with this great family. Whatever it has been, I want to put the matter at rest and publicly accept him as my biological son," Tiwari had said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani