Maruti employees to donate salary to Leh cloudburst victims
New Delhi: The country`s largest car-maker,
Maruti Suzuki India, on Wednesday said that its employees will donate
one day`s salary to the Prime Minister`s National Relief Fund
for victims of the cloudburst that hit Leh last month.
"The company and its employees will contribute Rs 1
crore. This includes one day`s salary from each company
employee and an equal contribution by the company," Maruti
Suzuki India said in a statement.
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh had visited the region
recently and had announced a Rs 125 crore relief package for
cloudburst victims and said all houses destroyed by the
natural calamity would be reconstructed within the next two-
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000