Maruti employees to donate salary to Leh cloudburst victims
New Delhi: The country`s largest car-maker,
Maruti Suzuki India, on Wednesday said that its employees will donate
one day`s salary to the Prime Minister`s National Relief Fund
for victims of the cloudburst that hit Leh last month.
"The company and its employees will contribute Rs 1
crore. This includes one day`s salary from each company
employee and an equal contribution by the company," Maruti
Suzuki India said in a statement.
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh had visited the region
recently and had announced a Rs 125 crore relief package for
cloudburst victims and said all houses destroyed by the
natural calamity would be reconstructed within the next two-
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?
- Met Dawood Ibrahim in London, he wanted to return to India: Ram Jethmalani